Saturday 14 September 2013

Written Discourse Four

Ah, OK. So I wasn’t totally off with the jigsaw analogy last time. Now we get to look at the edges and see how they line up with each other.

I have to be brutally honest, I’m not entirely sure where this unit, or indeed this module, is going. It’s all very descriptive – which is fair enough and I’m definitely not going to get into the whole Descriptive vs Proscriptive argument here – but we do appear to be just listing features of ‘good’ writing.

You have to start somewhere I suppose, but for the first time I find there’s really nothing all that interesting in my notes. It’s all just highlights and asterisks. I’m not against breaking it down into manageable schemas, but I’d be lying if I said it was particularly interesting or attention grabbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment