Saturday 13 April 2013

Expectations


Look on these as a version of my lecture notes. I’ll probably drop in other bits and bobs about extra reading and the like as and when, but for the main part I’ll be aiming to put up thoughts on each unit and associated reading as I get round to them. I imagine those notes will tend towards the digressive and idiosyncratic. Please believe me when I say that they’ll be more organized on the screen than they were in my head. My general approach is to throw it all at a wall and see what sticks. It’s an approach that (usually) works well for me, but your mileage may vary.

I’m still waiting on a couple of textbooks, but I’m going to get cracking with what I’ve got and try to fill in the gaps later. Fortunately I read The Language Instinct a couple of years back, so hopefully that’ll account for a bit of the slack. We’ll see.

Suggestions for the blogroll, extra reading and viewing, or whatever all gratefully received.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kamo,

    are not particles in Japanese the same as in English. For example in the phrasal verb set off- the particle off has no linguistic value except as part of the phrase itself so is not termed a preposition. J

    ReplyDelete